Staff are welcome to request a recording of teaching activities or wider University activities. Once processed, a recording will be generated and accessible from the requesting staff member's Lecture Capture Library.
Recordings for centrally timetabled lectures do not need to be booked; any alterations to the timetable will automatically adjust the recording schedule.
Staff at the University of Melbourne are welcome to request a recording of other teaching activities (e.g. seminars or tutorials), or wider University activities (public seminars, departmental meetings, conferences and guest presentations). Once processed, a recording will be generated and accessible from the requesting staff member's Lecture Capture Library.
Staff can request any bookings the process below:
- Check whether your venue is supported for the use of Lecture Capture.
- Submit the Lecture Capture booking request form at least five working days (ten days in peak time) before the scheduled event.
- Manual bookings will receive a confirmation email, please check this email for the details of your booking and report any issues immediately.
- Staff and students access lecture recordings though a link in the LMS. This link also allows staff to check which Lecture Capture recordings are scheduled in the Lecture Capture system. To add the Lecture Capture link to a LMS subject refer to the linking to Lecture Capture guide.
- The recording will start automatically at the scheduled time. Venues with touch panels show the “recording” button when the session has started.
For more information, please see the booking and accessing public seminars and events guide.
Please note, Lecture Capture booking requests submitted by students are not able to be processed.